CONSENSUS REPORT ON SUNDAY MORNING TASKS
SUMMIT OFFICER'S RETREAT, 5/1/04-5/2/04
OVERVIEW OF PROCESS
1. The stewardship committee will send out a letter to notify members that
we are delegating responsibilities. It will describe the tasks in detail. A
notice will also be placed in the church bulletin.
2. The stewardship committee or the deacons (via the phone chain) will
follow up on members' interest or ability to carry out the tasks.
3. The "go to" person for each task will list the names of all members who
agree to carry out that task. Congregation members should indicate times
when it would be impossible for them to carry out the task.
4. The five "go to" people will coordinate lists to avoid scheduling
conflicts. This scheduling will take place in May of each year.
5. Members who must change an assigned time should contact the "go to"
person for the task.
6. The "go to person for each task will be published in the church directory.
UNRESOLVED-Will the "go to" person for each task be identified by the board
1. The worship committee requests readers and maintains a list of lay
2. Members may decline.
1. The Trustees maintain a list of members who know how to do this task and
2. New counters may indicate their interest to the Trustees and will be
encouraged to attend training in the proper procedures.
1. At stewardship time the worship committee requests volunteers.
2. The worship committee will offer training to new volunteers in the
proper length of time for the message, how many people should be involved,
and connecting to the sermon.
3. Speakers may make a limited commitment.
1. The Congregational Life Committee assigns all members to this task and
briefs them on details.
2. Congregational Life also monitors task fulfillment.
3. Being a greeter is considered the minimum level of commitment by all
members unless there are extenuating circumstances. New members are
encouraged to become greeters to get to know other members of the
1. The Stewardship Committee and/or the Deacons (see Overview 1.) will
contact all members to assign this task.
2. A letter describing the task will be sent out to all who are willing to
participate. Members will be urged to offer a more modest coffee hour. If
there are not enough participants to offer a coffee hour every week, we
will forgo the refreshments occasionally.
3. Two individuals or one family unit will be assigned together to a Sunday.
The supply closet will be kept locked and Angela Burton will keep staples